Caramel-Chocolate Tart with Salted Peanuts
Cook: 35 mins + cooling
You'll go nuts for this delicious chocolate tart - a perfect combination of salty and sweet!
- 1 sheet Pampas Shortcrust Pastry, thawed
- 380g can Top’n Fill Caramel
- 300g dark chocolate
- ½ cup pouring cream
- 2 tbsp roasted salted peanuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Line a 2cm-deep, 22cm fluted flan tin, with removable base, with the pastry and trim excess.
- Cover the pastry case with baking paper and fill with pastry weights or beans. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove paper and weights. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown around the edges. Set aside to cool completely.
- Fill pastry case with caramel and smooth the top. Set aside.
- Meanwhile place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl. In a medium saucepan add cream and simmer until hot but not boiling. Pour over the chocolate. Stir until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Let cool a little.
- Carefully spread the chocolate mixture over the top of the caramel. Sprinkle tart with salted peanuts. Set aside and let set before serving.