Chargrilled Vegetable and Halloumi Tart
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 45 mins
Looking for a veggie option tonight? Try our delicious Chargrilled Vegetable and Halloumi Tart. So simple, easy and most importantly tasty!
- 1 bunch baby carrots, trimmed, peeled
- 3 zucchini, ends trimmed, sliced lengthways
- 1 red capsicum, cut into thick strips
- ½ red onion, cut into wedges
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 sheets Pampas Puff Pastry, partially thawed
- ½ cup basil pesto, plus extra to serve
- 100g halloumi, grated
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup small basil leaves
- Place vegetables into a large bowl. Add 2 tbsp of the oil and season well. Toss to coat.
- Heat a chargrill pan or BBQ on high heat. Cook vegetables in batches, for 2-3 minutes each side, until just tender and well charred. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Lay pastry sheets on prepared tray overlapping 1 edge by 1cm. Press edges together to form a 24cm x 47cm rectangle.
- Spread pesto over the pastry, keeping within 4cm of the edge. Top with halloumi, followed by the vegetables. Fold pastry edges over vegetables to form a tart and enclose vegetables slightly. Brush pastry edges with egg wash. Bake for 30 minutes until pastry is puffed and golden.
- To serve, top with basil leaves, drizzle with remaining oil, extra pesto and season well.