Creamy Chicken Pie
This Creamy Chicken Pie is a family favourite, and you're guaranteed to have empty plates afterwards!
- 1½ – 2 sheets Pampas Puff Pastry, just thawed
- 5 cups coarsely chopped leftover shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup cooked carrots
- 300g sour cream
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 cups frozen peas and corn, thawed
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme, plus extra sprigs to serve
- 2 green onions, sliced finely
- 1egg, beaten lightly
- Salt flakes, to sprinkle
TIPS You could use a 600g barbecued seasoned chicken in this recipe; crumble the seasoned stuffing on the pie mixture at the end of step 1. Any cooked vegetable could be used in place of the carrots.
- Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Combine sour cream, mustard, ¼ cup (60ml) water, chicken, carrots, peas and corn, thyme and green onion in a bowl; season. Spoon mixture into a 2-litre (8-cup) shallow ovenproof dish.
- Cut each pastry sheet into 16 squares. Lay squares over filling, overlapping slightly; brush with egg.
- Bake 25 minutes or until puffed, golden and cooked through. Sprinkle with extra thyme and salt flakes to serve.