Deep Dish Pizza Pie
Up the ante on pizza night with our Deep Dish Pizza Pie!
- 220g Pampas Shortcrust Pastry Case
- ½ cup tomato pasta sauce or pizza sauce
- 1 cup mixed antipasto items or pizza toppings (see tips)
- 50g thinly sliced pepperoni, ham or other salami
- 1¼ cups (150g)pizza cheese
- 100g mini vine sweet capsicums, trimmed, quartered
- ¼ cup baby basil leaves
TIPS For the antipasto items, we used 60g chargrilled eggplant and 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives but you can use any of your favourite pizza toppings. You can swap mini capsicums with 1 sliced, small, red or yellow capsicum.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Prebake pastry case according to packet directions. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Sprinkle ½ cup cheese on base of pastry case, spread pasta sauce over cheese, sprinkle with another½ cup cheese. Top with capsicums, antipasto items and pepperoni; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling. Top with basil leaves to serve.