Free Form Apple Tart
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 45 minutes
If you're craving a sweet treat without feeling guilty then you're going to love this tart!
- 1 sheet Pampas Light Puff Pastry, thawed
- 1 tbspn lemon juice
- 2 tbspns caster sugar
- 2 large apples, peeled, quartered, cored
- Oil, to spray
- Preheat oven to 200˚C conventional or 180˚C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine lemon juice and 1 tablespoon sugar in a large bowl. Cut each apple quarter into 5-6 slices and place as you go in the lemon mixture.
- Cut a 24cm circle from pastry and place on prepared tray. Arrange apple on top (leaving syrup in bowl), slightly overlapping and leaving a 3cm border. Fold back pastry, pinching to seal. Sprinkle apple and pastry with remaining sugar and spray with oil.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden and puffed and apples start to colour.