Leftover Chicken Shawarma Pies
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 35 minutes
Looking for inspiration for your Christmas Chicken or Turkey leftovers? Try these delicious Chicken Shawarma Pies for a tasty spin on your leftovers this festive season!
- 3 x Pampas Puff Pastry sheets
- ½ Leftover chicken or turkey meat, shredded
- 150g yoghurt
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 Tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 Teaspoon sumac
- 1 Teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 Teaspoon paprika
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- 1 Egg for eggwash
- Nigella seeds for topping
- In a bowl, mix yoghurt, lemon juice and garlic paste together. Add all the spices together and mix well. Add the shredded chicken and combine well.
- For the pie cases, take 3 Pampas Puff Pastry Sheets and cut 12 circles in total – 6 for the base and 6 for the tops.
- Fill each base evenly with the chicken shawarma mixture and gently place the cover with the additional puff pastry.
- Brush with egg wash and top with nigella seeds
- Bake at 180C for 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and then enjoy!