Lemon & Lime Tart
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 45 mins + cooling
A classic dessert with a citrus twist, perfect for sharing!
- 2 sheets Pampas shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup (180ml) thickened cream
- ½ cup (110g) CSR Caster Sugar
- 2 tspns lemon rind
- 2 tbspns lemon juice
- 2 tbspns lime juice
- To Serve Whipped cream, fresh blueberries, lemon and lime zest
- Preheat oven to 200˚C conventional or 180˚C fan-forced. Place an oven tray in oven.
- Line an 11.5cm x 34cm fluted rectangular loose base tart tin with pastry, overlapping sheets to fit. Fold excess pastry over edge (see TIP). Prick base with fork. Line pastry with baking paper and fill with pastry weights or beans. Place tin on hot oven tray and bake for 15 minutes. Remove weights and paper. Bake for another 18 minutes or until pastry is light golden.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs, cream, sugar, lemon and lime rind and juice in a large bowl until combined. Stand for 5 minutes. Pour into tart shell. Reduce oven to 130˚C conventional or 110˚C fan-forced. Bake for 45 minutes or until just set. Cool then refrigerate until chilled.
- Serve with whipped cream, blueberries and lemon and lime zest. TIP Baking the tart with the excess pastry overhanging and cutting it away at the end is an easy way to ensure that the pastry does not shrink.