Lemon Meringue Tartlets
Wow your guests with these homemade Lemon Meringue Tartlets - Creamy, zesty lemon filling encased in crisp sweet shortcrust pastry.
TIP: Place any leftover lemon curd in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- 2 packs Pampas Sweet Pastry Tart Cases
- 1 tbsp White Wings cornflour
- ¾ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp finely grated lemon zest
- 4 (59g) eggs
- 1½ cup CSR Caster sugar
- 225g chopped butter, at room temperature
Pavlova Magic Ingredients:
- 1 White Wings Pavlova Magic
- 130g CSR Caster sugar
- 140ml water
- Bake tart cases as per pack instructions. Set aside to cool.
- Place cornflour in a medium saucepan. Gradually blend with 1/4 cup of the lemon juice. Add remaining lemon juice, zest and eggs and whisk until well combined. Add sugar and whisk until mixed well. Add butter and place over a medium heat. Whisk constantly for 8 minutes or until just starting to simmer. Reduce heat and whisk vigorously for 1 minute. Pour lemon curd into a heatproof bowl and set aside for 20 minutes.
- Fill tart cases with lemon curd. Set aside to cool.
- Make Pavlova Magic according to directions on pack. Using a piping bag, pipe small peaks on top of cooled tartlets. Using a kitchen torch, carefully and lightly, brown the peaks.