Maple Walnut Tarts with Mascarpone Cream
Made easy with our Sweet Tart Cases, these sticky maple walnut tarts will have everyone impressed!
- 12 Pampas Sweet Tart Cases
- ½ cup pouring cream
- ⅓ cup firmly packed CSR Brown sugar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 100g mascarpone
- ¼ cup pouring cream
- 1 tbsp CSR Icing sugar
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C (170°C fan-forced). Place tart tins on a baking tray (do not remove foil). Bake for 12 minutes until just golden. Set aside. Reduce oven temperature to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- Combine cream, sugar and maple syrup in a small saucepan and stir until sugar has dissolved. Simmer for several minutes until golden.
- Divide walnuts between tart shells and pour the cream mixture over them. Bake for 10 minutes until bubbling. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Whisk together the mascarpone, cream, icing sugar and cinnamon until thickened.
- Serve tarts warm or chilled with a dollop of mascarpone cream.