Pumpkin, Kale & Feta Quiche
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 40 minutes
A filling and tasty quiche that's perfect as a midweek meal.
- 2 sheets Pampas Shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 400g pumpkin, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 5 (120g) kale leaves, trimmed
- 5 eggs
- 60g feta, crumbled
- ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 220˚C conventional or 200˚C fan-forced. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Place pumpkin and garlic on tray. Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Lightly spray a 20cm spring-form tin with oil. Cut 1 pastry sheet into three 8cm wide strips. Cut a 22cm circle from remaining sheet. Line sides of tin with pastry strips, cutting last strip to fit. Line base with larger circle, overlapping excess pastry up the side. Press to seal. Line pastry with baking paper and fill with pastry weight or dried beans. Bake for 15 minutes along with pumpkin. Remove weights and paper and bake for 5-10 minutes or until light golden.
- Meanwhile, place kale in a heatproof bowl and pour over boiling water to cover. Stand for 10 seconds. Drain and cool under cold water. Drain again. Using hands, squeeze out excess moisture. Finely shred. Whisk eggs in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Place kale, pumpkin and 40g feta in tart shell. Pour over egg and top with remaining feta. Reduce oven to 200C conventional or 180C fan-forced. Bake for 25 minutes or until set. Stand for 5 minutes. Remove from tin. Serve topped with parsley.