Raspberry & Chocolate Mousse Mille-Feuille
Prep: 25 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes
Decadent chocolate and fresh raspberries sandwiched between buttery puff pastry - this is sure to impress at your next dinner party!
- 1½ sheets Pampas Butter Puff Pastry, thawed
- 300g dark chocolate
- 1⅓ cups (330ml) thickened cream
- 250g raspberries
- CSR Icing sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 220˚C conventional or 200˚C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place pastry on tray. Bake for 25 minutes or until pastry is golden and crisp. Cool on a wire rack.
- Place chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl and place over a saucepan of simmering water until chocolate melts. Remove from heat and cool until just warm.
- Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, beat cream until firm peaks form. Refrigerate until ready to use. Whisk half of cream into chocolate until combined.
- Whisk in remaining cream until combined. Fill a piping bag with chocolate mousse. Pipe 3 small dots on a serving plate and arrange a piece of pastry (the dots will avoid the pastry skidding around the plate). Pipe half the mousse onto the pastry. Top with raspberries. Repeat layers, finishing with pastry. Sprinkle with icing sugar. TIP Assemble mille-feuille up to 1-2 hours before serving or the pastry will soften. The trick to cut the mille-feuille is to use kitchen scissors for the top two layers and a large knife for the bottom layer of pastry.