Sweet Potato and Pea Samosas
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 40 mins
Crispy vegetarian puff pastry samosas made with a delicious sweet potato and pea filling.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- ¼ cup frozen peas, thawed
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- ¼ tsp grated ginger
- Dash of lemon juice
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- Chopped coriander leaves, optional
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 sheets Pampas Shortcrust Pastry, thawed
- 1 egg (for egg wash)
- 1 tbsp milk (for egg wash)
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into cubes. Put on a baking tray and sprinkle with oil. Roast in the oven for 20minutes or until cooked. Set aside to cool.
- Mix sweet potato, peas, onions, ginger, lemon and Garam Masala and coriander, if using, in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lay sheets on baking paper on a workbench and cut twice on the diagonal to get 4 triangles.
- Fill triangles with approx. 1 ½ tablespoons of the filling and fold over pastry to enclose. Pinch edges together to seal. Brush with egg wash and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Serve warm with mango or tomato chutney.