Bacon & Zucchini Tart
Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 1 hour
An easy to make quiche with a crispy base that will have you going back for seconds.
- 7 sheets Pampas Filo Pastry, thawed
- 1½ tbsp White Wings cornflour
- 2 (250g) small zucchini
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 250g lean shortcut bacon, chopped
- Black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 100g tasty cheese, grated
- ½ cup milk
- 4 eggs (59g)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Cut half of one of the zucchinis into thin rounds. Grate remaining zucchini and set aside.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Cook onion for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened. Add bacon and cook for 5 minutes longer. Add grated zucchini and cook for another 2 minutes. Add pepper and half the thyme and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Spray a 23cm diameter (base measurement) x 3cm deep, round, loose bottom, fluted flan tin with olive oil. Cut pastry sheets in half to form 14 squares. Use pastry sheets to line the base and sides of the flan tin, overlapping them to fit and allowing edges to overhang rim. Spray each sheet with olive oil before placing down the next sheet. Scrunch up overhanging pastry to form a rim. Place flan tin on an oven tray.
- Add cheese to zucchini mixture and stir to combine. Spread over base of pastry lined flan tin. Top with reserved zucchini rounds.
- Place cornflour in a bowl. Gradually blend with 1/4 cup of the milk. Add remaining milk and eggs and whisk to combine. Carefully pour over filling. Sprinkle with remaining thyme leaves. Bake 45-50 minutes or until set.